Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hi from Doha!!!!

Hi all.

Jo here, posting from the internet room in the Silver Privilege Club lounge, at Doha Airport, at about 7 am local time (4 am back in the UK, midday in the Philippines). These frequent trips to the Philippines have many advantages, obviously, but the frequent flying and the associated benefits of that are not inconsiderable.

I was absolutely knackered leading up to the flight. As is usual, I tried to cram far too much in, before I left, but Ian and I had a good drive to Heathrow, and it took just a few minutes to check in... Qatar are brilliant!!!! Not only do they really look after you on the flights, but the check-in staff did not bat an eyeleid when they weighed my baggage, and the suitcase containing all the books for Joyland weighed 35 kilos alone!!!!! That is my total luggage allowance as a frequent flyer.... Luckily, I travel light, as I leave so much at Emma's, so my bag only weighed 12 kgs, and we did some shifting around, so it all balanced out.... [It remains to be seen how Cebu Pacific react. I have had no e-mail from them. Please pray for a helpful reaction, when I arrive at their terminal with 47 kilos of luggage (I am allowed only 20!!!!)]

Then into the United Airlines lounge for about 2 and a bit hours of rest and final calls home, then to the gate.... I love Qatar again. They voluntarily upgraded me to Business Class, so I had comfy seat, posh nosh, etc, on the first flight, which was smooth and no problem. I have said a few thank you's to God for the journey so far, which is helping to remove some of the stresses built up by the busyness of the time before departure....

I have a fairly long wait here before my flight on to Manila, but that is no real problem, with free food and drink on tap, and shower facilities, etc....

Much as I appreciate all of this, it is a weird way of preparing though for some of the sights and experiences we will come across in the Philippines. But we will be sharing ourselves, sharing our love for God, sharing our love for the people of this country, and the experiences of travel so far have served to renew me, just a bit, have given me the chance to rest more than I was expecting.

I wish my fellow soon to be far flung travellers a safe journey. It is going to be good!!!!

God bless, all.

Love Jo

(PS - see you soon, Em!)

No comments: