Thursday, March 6, 2008

The clock is ticking down....

So, the clock is ticking down....

Flights are booked. The team leaves in just over three weeks time.... March 28th is flight day. Flying to Manila, via Kuala Lumpur, on Malaysia Airlines, then to Negros Occidental via Philippine Airlines.

Arms are jabbed..... the team are inoculated against a few things.... How are the arms, Ami?

Bags are probably not quite being packed yet, but suitcase contents are probably being planned.... (Well, not by me, I usually pack the night before I fly!!!!)

Itinerary is being finalised, to sort out in which places and with which people we will be working.

And the team are gradually getting excited about the trip....

And well they might, as it will be a really good time away. Challenging, encouraging, heart warming.... and life-changing....

The far flung travellers - Alison, Glen, Chris, Debbie, Ian, Josh, Ami, Gordon, Reg and Jo - are about to depart soon.... ready to share, to give, to learn.....


3 comments:

Ami said...

Painful.

2 More jabs tomorrow, and then I will be able to touch anything with typhoid and be safe.... what a privelege!

GRADUALLY EXCITED? I talked about the Philippines for a whole 20 minutes today, with a big beaming smile on my face. Man, people are going to start calling me Jo....


LOVE!
xxxxx

Reg said...

It certanly be a last minute packing the bags for me, as off to the USA first, but have placed some things to one side for when I get back in time to meet up with the rest of the team and set off to the Philippines.
So get ready to be bored stiff on the flight having to look at all the photo's of the USA.

Reg

Ami said...

I plan to sleep - I am NOT a morning person. So sorry Reg, but don't take it personally if I fail to keep my eyes open for the wonderful photos...

Catch me at 2am and I'll probably be more awake....

:)
x